Sunday 18 May 2014

Chicken Stroganoff

This is not the traditional stroganoff recipe I will admit. I am hopeless as following recipes because I cannot help but to add a few other ingredients according to my taste. This is an example of my "tweaked" recipes that turned out good and I am proud of.

It should work in principle with beef, though I have not yet tried it. I do not stand by these exact quantities as they are educated approximation of what I added to my pan. My advice is to try them but feel free to adjust them as per your taste. Cooking is more of an art than a science.

PS For those who do not eat pork , the bacon is optional. You can still have a try at the sauce without it.

Ingredients

400 g Chicken breast , sliced into strips
1 tbs Butter
2 tbs Olive Oil
1/2 a brown Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, pressed or thinly sliced
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup of sliced leek
2 rashers of bacon
3 tbs Worcester sauce
1/2 cup chicken stock * originally the recipe asked for white wine
1 tsp wholegrain Mustard
1/2 cup of Cream
Salt and pepper

Method

Melt the butter and heat the oil.
Gently fry the onions, garlic, mushrooms,leek and bacon .
Add the chicken and the Worcester sauce, stirring it in evenly
Cover and allow the chicken to cook until lightly bronzed.
Add the stock and allow the chicken to cook through.
Add the mustard and the cream.
Season with salt and pepper and allow the sauce to thicken.

Serving suggestion: Garlic Butter Rice


Garlic Butter Rice

3 Cloves of Garlic, thinly sliced
20 g Butter
1 & 1/4 cup of Rice ( Basmati)
1 & 1/2 cup of water/stock of your choice

Melt the butter.
Fry the garlic.
Add the rice and the stock.




No comments:

Post a Comment